Wednesday 26 November 2014

Recipe: Courgette and Cheddar Loaf


Every couple of weeks I like to bake a loaf cake to slice up and have in the freezer for snacks.  I usually make a banana bread, or carrot cake...something sweet, but recently I made this recipe for zucchini cheddar bread from the Weelicious website (check it out if you haven't already, it is an amazing resource for meal and snack ideas).  

This savoury loaf is essentially a soda bread and mixes up super quick with no added butter or oil.  The added zucchini is a great way to sneak a bit of veg into Lyra's diet.  I substituted white flour, because that is what I had in the cupboard.  So easy.  

Once completely cooled the loaf slices really easily.  I sliced it into 1cm thick slices and wrapped each one individually in cling film.  Into the freezer they went and now I can just take one out at breakfast and it is defrosted well before snack time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment