Thursday 8 January 2015

Eating Out in Edinburgh: Mademoiselle Macaron

I don't get into town very often, but when I do I like to treat myself to a selection of Macarons from Edinburgh's resident macaron-ess Mademoiselle Macaron. Tucked away off of Lothian Road on Grindlay Street (across from the Lyceum Theatre) Mademoiselle has created a Franco-Scottish enclave where you can enjoy a coffee and a macaron (or two) with a dash of friendly chat and laughter thrown in for free.  

On Christmas Eve I braved the crowds to take Lyra to a toddler's thing in town and as a reward (for us all) we wandered over to Mademoiselle Macaron en route back home.  Ok, it was a sleight detour...but the weather was nice and I really had a craving for some macarons with my prosecco on Christmas Eve.  


I picked up a selection of macarons (8 for £7) to savour/devour including an oh so festive GINGERBREAD one...perfect with a glass of bubbly...and a EARL GREY TEA one that I saved for Christmas morning breakfast (again with something fizzy).  


If, like me, you can't get enough of these gorgeous Parisian treats make sure you pay Mademoiselle a visit in her shop, or at the Grassmarket Market on Saturdays.  Of course you could also LEARN TO MAKE THEM at one of her classes and make them for yourself...but it is so much more fun buying a little bag to take home and devour.  

Mademoiselle Macaron 

22 Grindlay Street 
Edinburgh 

(Closed Monday)

@mlle_macaron


No comments:

Post a Comment